With the recent climate debates currently happening in Paris, many countries around the world are announcing action plans to make the switch to renewable forms of energy. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid of Dubai released the Clean Energy Strategy 2050, a plan that will include a stipulation to have every rooftop in Dubai containing solar panels by 2030.

Dubai has always been an area of rapid expansion and growth, currently housing Burj Khalifa the world’s tallest building. They are taking this concept and extending it into renewable energy.

Most of the energy generated in Dubai comes from natural gas and has about 4 billion gallons of oil reserve for the United Arab Emirates. With the availability of such a large supply of natural gas and oil, a major push towards solar power is a representation of the want for a cleaner form of energy.

The main goal for Dubai is to become the city with the smallest carbon footprint in the world. The $27 billion investment in the Dubai Green Fund will allow for low-interest financing for clean sources of energy such as solar and wind. The plan will have 25 percent of the cities energy come from solar power in 2030, generating over 5,000 megawatts. At the peak of the movement, 75 percent of the cities power will come from solar and the remaining 25 percent come from other forms of renewable energy such as wind.

The next question that is raised is the plan for storage of the energy created through renewable forms. The advancements in battery systems could possibly allow for mass storage of energy to cover the needs of a major city.

Sol-Up has a mission to make the city of Las Vegas the solar capital of the country. Contact us today for a solar estimate and to get started on your solar journey.

See Solar Reviews

See Affordable Solar Panels

Call Mobile Skip to content