The Nevada State Contractors Board recently brought to attention an issue of unlicensed contractors operating in Nevada. These are contractors that are out of state and partnering with local contractors to perform installations for Nevada residents. According to the Nevada State Contractors Board February Newsletter these businesses are “being disciplined by the Board for aiding and abetting these unlicensed contractors.”
Sol-Up has been licensed with the Nevada State Contractors board since 2009 and we are proud to report we have not received a complaint against us. Sol-Up works hard to ensure a solid reputation and believes all contractors should meet the standards set by the board.
As a company, Sol-Up is concerned about the reputation of our industry. Companies that operate without a license and aid out-of-state companies in breaking state law should be reprimanded. We have received calls from people who had a bad installer and there’s very little we can do to help them. When it comes to making a big investment like solar, you need to ask the right questions and verify that contractors are legitimate.
Here is what we suggest:
- Check the Nevada State Contractors Board to see that they are licensed and that no complaints have been filed. Ask the company for their contractor’s license number. If they are hesitant to provide it you should be concerned. Sol-Up’s contractor license is 75025.
- Check online for website reviews and that the company is a member of the BBB. Sol-Up has many client reviews and an A rating with the BBB.
- You can always ask companies for client referrals to check that work was done to satisfaction and to completion. Most of Sol-Up’s business comes from referrals and happy customers. If the installer does a good job, they will be happy to provide references.
- If it seems too good to be true it probably is. Sol-Up has an excellent reputation for informative quotes. We don’t pull the blinds over your eyes, what you see is what you get.
- If you receive aggressive advertising and have been pursued by a company look at their website. Make sure they are local and have their own local installers. Don’t be pressured to buy before you have time to compare prices. While Sol-Up is fast to respond and excellent at communication we don’t cold call people or hassle homeowners.
- If you have a hard time contacting your salesperson, or someone at the company you can expect worse communication after your installation. We make sure we are available after installation to help you with any questions. Whether it’s helping you with your warranty or helping you read your bill, we are available.
Sol-Up has earned a reputation as a top solar installer in Southern Nevada since being founded locally in 2009. We are the only company to offer a showroom and Sol-Up offers free, no-obligation quotes. If you would like to contact Sol-Up you can call our office Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm at 702-586-9800.